Energy Savings at Home ( Lighting )
How to save on electricity, heating, cooling and water bills. Energy Savings at Home ( Lighting )
There are a number of things you can do to save energy in every room of your home. Turning off the lights is always a good start to save energy and money. But, are you aware of other ways to reduce your energy bill even more?
Some bright ideas for lighting your home more efficiently.
- You can lower overall energy demand by concentrating bright light where you need it rather than evenly lighting the entire room – this is called ‘task lighting.
- Opening your blinds is a free way to brighten up a room.
- For any light that must be on all night (e.g., stairways), replace the bulbs with the lowest wattage bulbs that you’re comfortable with or consider a compact fluorescent or a nightlight.
- Decorate your home with illumination in mind – lighter colours reflect light, so use them in areas you want to be bright.
- Keep light fixtures clean – a cleaner bulb is a brighter bulb.
- Contrary to popular belief, less energy is consumed when lights are turned on and off as you come and go than if a light is left on all the time.
More Great Energy Savings Tips :