Energy Savings at Home ( Water Heater )
How to save on electricity, heating, cooling and water bills. Energy Savings at Home ( Water Heater )
There are a number of things you can do to save energy in every room of your home. Turning off the lights is always a good start to save energy and money. But, are you aware of other ways to reduce your energy bill even more?
Are you heating water unnecessarily? Here’s how you can stem the flow of wasted energy.
- Be sure to use the vacation setting or turn off the water heater when you are out of town.
- Fix leaky faucets – that little drip can add up to 95 litres of water per faucet per month, and cost you 7 kWh per month.
- Installing low flow aeraters on faucets can save water and energy.
- Drain a pail of water from your natural gas hot water tank every 3 months, or as recommended by the manufacturer, to remove sediment that prevents heat transfer, lowering the unit’s efficiency.
- On average, water heaters use the most energy in the home after heating. A 175-litre tank can use up to 5000 kWh per year, a cost of almost $500 at today’s prices.
More Great Energy Savings Tips :