Energy Tips for Greener Life
Homeowners spend hundreds of dollars on their utility bills annually. In fact many homeowners consider this to be a normal event and do not even realize that energy bills and carbon footprint that they leave in the environment can be drastically reduced just by following a few easy steps. DeMark Home Ontario is happy to share our knowledge and expertise with homeowners and help you with reducing energy consumption at home and becoming more socially and environmentally responsible using our energy tips!
The good news is there is a lot you can do to save energy and money at home. The key to achieving these savings in your home is a whole-house energy efficiency approach. You must view your whole house as an energy system with independent parts. Consider that your furnace is not just heating equipment but it is a whole system which delivers and transfers heat through your house using network duct lines. However even the most energy efficient furnace will burn a lot of energy if your ducts, pipes, walls, attic, windows, and doors are not insulation properly and leak. By taking a whole-house approach you can ensure that your house energy consumption is reduced to minimal and the savings will be noticeable. Start making these changes today and reduce energy consumption by up to 45% with the help of our experts.
Our team of professionals will help you in selecting the right equipment for your home including Furnace, Air Conditioner and Hot Water Heater. We will also provide you with the reliable service on your equipment and tips on energy efficiency that will not only make your home comfortable but also energy efficient. Saving energy can be very easy with DeMark Home Ontario Inc. Please select the topic that most interests you from the list below or take a few minutes to contact us by email or phone.
Quick Energy-Saving Tips
- Most energy in our homes comes from the burning of fossil fuels (coal, natural gas) that produce greenhouse gases.
- By saving energy you’re helping make the most of our nation’s energy resources and reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
- A modest 20% energy savings in the typical Maryland home will save 6,350 pounds of CO2, the equivalent to taking half of a car off the road.
Sealing air leaks and installing right-sized, energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment can dramatically increase the feeling of comfort in your home and can help to control the development of mold.
- Foaming, caulking and weather stripping, adding insulation, or replacing windows can help to eliminate uncomfortable cold spots and overheated rooms.
- Many homeowners also report reduced dust in their homes after completing Home Performance with ENERGY STAR projects
- Turn Homes that have been upgraded through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR cost significantly less to heat and cool.
- Home energy savings range from 10-40%.
- Clean or replace furnace, air-conditioner, and heat-pump filters.
- Identify and seal up air leaks in your house.
- Close your fireplace damper and seal the opening shut when not in use.
- Install foam gaskets behind electric-outlet and switch-plate covers.
- Examine and adjust, if necessary, weather stripping, door sweeps, and thresholds.
- Turn down your thermostat in the winter and up in the summer, especially when you’re not home.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F).
- Wash only full loads of dishes and air dry.
- Install a water-saving showerhead and kitchen sink aerating faucet.
- Repair leaky faucets.
- Consider replacing your older toilet with a water efficient, dual-flush model.
- Replace your old top-loading clothes washer with an ENERGY STAR model.
- Set refrigerator temperatures between 35 and 38 degrees (F), and keep coils clean.
- Consider replacing your older model refrigerator with a more efficient ENERGY STAR appliance.
- Switch to cold water washing of laundry in top-loading washing machines.
- Clean the dryer lint filter after each use.
- Shut off and unplug computers and other electronic appliances and chargers when you’re not using them.
DeMark Home Ontario servicing area for HVAC-furnaces, air conditioners, hot water heaters, tankless units includes: Toronto, GTA, Vaughan, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Scarborough, Milton, Burlington, Niagara Falls, Oshawa, Pickering, Ajax, Aurora, Newmarket, Barrie, Ottawa and more. For a full servicing area please click here.