How to Reset Gas Furnace
When your gas furnace is experiencing problems and the pilot light is no longer on, learning how to reset gas furnace yourself will allow you to solve the issue without the need of a technician.
It’s not always necessary to make an appointment with an HVAC technician as many furnace problems can be solved on your own. The pilot light of your furnace going out is one of those problems where a technician is not always necessary. Save yourself some money by becoming familiar with your furnace and learning how to reset it without the help of a professional. No tools are necessary to reset gas furnace as it is a very simple procedure. Follow the steps below and you may be able to have your gas furnace running smoothly once again:
- See if the pilot light has gone out. This could involve removing a cover to see if the flame is still burning or not.
- Set the thermostat to the lowest setting.
- Power down your furnace by switching it to off at the fuse box or circuit breaker.
- Shut off the furnace’s main gas line by using the handle on the main gas pipe leading into the furnace. The pilot gas supply should be left on.
- Now you can relight the pilot flame by holding up a lit match to the opening of the pilot flame jet.
- The main gas supply and the furnace’s power can now be turned back on.
- Find the reset button on the furnace. This button should be clearly labelled. Press and hold down on the reset button for thirty seconds.
- Raise the temperature on your thermostat to your usual room temperature. Your furnace should now re-ignite.
If following these steps does not result in your furnace working properly once again, turn off the furnace and call a professional HVAC technician to solve the issue.
If you have any further questions about how to reset gas furnace or any of your other HVAC concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. Our highly trained and experienced technicians are more than prepared to assist you with any of your furnace problems. We provide efficient and quick furnace replacement done by our team of HVAC professionals. Give us a call at 647-847-2998 or fill out our online request form and we will be happy to assist you with your request.