Is it time to Replace Furnace?
When should you replace furnace?
It is getting cold outside and the last thing you want is to return to a frosty home. Were you thinking to replace furnace last winter season but never made a decision? The smart move is to examine your heating system before it causes you troubles with below zero temperature outside.
How do you determine if you need to replace furnace? The first thing you need to check is your furnace age. If you are considering a replacement it’s probably been there in place when you moved in to your home. Checking the age of the furnace can be as simple as looking at the owner’s manual or viewing rating plate with the model number or date of the manufactory. Some cases may require additional work or calling the manufactory with the model number.
Average lifespan of the heating system is 15-20 years but some equipment can last even longer than that. However if your furnace is over 15 years of age it is a good idea to replace furnace with a high efficiency reliable model. Many older furnaces are mid efficiency models which not only can fail you due to its age but also are much less efficient and consume a lot of energy.
If your current furnace is mid efficiency with original AFUE rating of 80% it might be time to replace furnace. With time efficiency rating of mid efficiency furnaces decreases and can drop to as low as 50% total operating efficiency. When you replace furnace to high efficiency model you can improve your heating efficiency by up to 45%. Consider the savings this will bring to you.
Signs to replace furnace:
- If your furnace needs constant repairs
- If your energy bills are getting higher every year despite the consistency in consumption
- Furnace is not heating your home to the desired temperature
- There is an uneven hot air distribution in your home and some rooms stay cold
- Your furnace cycles on and off more often than in the past
- Your furnace is making very loud noise, buzzes and hums
- Furnace is putting out excess dust and rust particles
- You see visible sign of furnace rust, corrosion and cracks
If you furnace shows any of the above problem or you know it is far past its lifespan then call DeMark Home Ontario for a consultation. Our experts will provide you with more details of when it is time to replace furnace as well as address any technical questions you might have. Prepare your home for the winter season. Call us at 647-847-2998 or submit your request online.