How to improve your Water Heater’s Efficiency for your rental water heater in Toronto Ontario
What you need to know about minimizing operating Cost of your water heater rental or owned hot water heater:
Conserve Water: Your biggest opportunity for savings in your house hold is to use less hot water
Insulating your pipes:
- Insulate your electric or natural gas hot water heater rental and pipes to drastically cut down on heat loss. Be sure to improve the insulation on your electric or natural gas hot water tank and its pipes. Upgrading to a new Energy [email protected] hot water heater will reduce your heat loss as well as new units come with high density foam insulation. This will help you save and reduce energy usage.
Put an insulating blanket on your tank:
- Place your hand on the outside of your tank. If the tank is warm to the touch, it is an indication that it is losing heat; if the tank is cold you would not benefit from adding any extra insulation. And again upgrading to a new high efficiency or energy efficiency hot water heater rental or owned will eliminate the need of a blanket.
- A gas- fired tank should be looked after by a profession when performing insulating practices.
Lower water heater temperature to 60°C:
- Keeping your thermostat to a level no higher than 140°F (60°C) can also aid in the reduction of hot water cost. This will also slow the build up of minerals and corrosion in your water heater pipes.
- Consult your manual for instructions on operating the thermostat.
- The thermostat dial for a gas storage water heater can be found near the bottom of the tank on the gas valve. Electric heaters may have thermostats placed behind the screw-on plates or panels.
- Marking the start temperature and the adjusted temperature on the thermostat dial for future references will benefit you greatly.
- After turning it down be sure to check the water temperature; using a thermometer at the tap farthest from the water heater.
- If you’re planning to be away from your home for a numbered amount of days be sure to turn your thermostat down to the lowest setting or completely turn it off.
- If dealing with an electric heater, be sure to switch off the circuit breaker to it. When dealing with a gas water heater, make sure you know how to safely relight the pilot light before turning it off.
- Be sure not to lower your water heaters temperature below 55ºC. This will allow you to avoid the risk of harmful bacteria being developed in your system.
For a free consultation about water heater rental efficiency or water heater purchase, estimate or to book your maintenance call please contact us.